Rosewater for Your Face: 10 Benefits
Rose water has been used for thousands of years as a skin care ingredient and nutrient-rich botanical — and it’s particularly effective as a facial toner. The benefits of rose water include:
1. It balances skin’s natural oils.
Rose water is known for its ability to clarify and balance your skin, leading to a refreshed, revitalized appearance.
2. It can help reduce the look of temporary redness.
Should some redness flare up on your skin, rose water can actually lessen its appearance — and any accompanying discomfort. It’s a great way to cool and calm your skin.
3. It helps to naturally hydrate.
Moisture is key for youthful, glowing skin, and rose water is a natural hydrator. It gives your skin an instant, refreshing boost and provides rejuvenating moisture.
4. It has antioxidant properties that nourish and protect the skin.
Used since the 7th century for a variety of purposes, rose water is rich in antioxidants which provide the nutrients your skin needs!
5. It smells like roses!
Who doesn’t love the sweet, subtle fragrance of a rose? And on your skin, no less! Rose water has the advantage over many other botanicals for its lovely scent.
6. It can help prevent fine lines and wrinkles and diminish the look of existing ones.
Rose water is known for its ability to help people defy age. It can temporarily plump fine lines and even help to prevent new ones from forming.
7. It can help to unclog pores and create a smoother looking appearance.
When your pores get clogged up with everyday residue and toxins, rose water can help to decongest them and clean impurities for a fresh, bright complexion.
8. It minimizes the appearance of large pores.
Speaking of pores, rose water can actually help to diminish the appearance of those pesky large ones. It has cleansing properties that both clarify and balance.
9. It can temporarily tighten skin.
Thanks to its toning properties, rose water can temporarily tighten the look of your skin, giving you a firm, plump look. Baby smooth!
10. It provides a clean base for nutrients.
Rose water can help to remove impurities and set your skin up for success. It cleanses and leaves skin looking luminous, making it an excellent addition to your natural skin care routine.